Drop-in will run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am to 02pm at our main office in Old Trafford. The aim of our drop-in service is to establish whether attendees have a UK immigration legal matter that we can assist with and ascertain whether it would be appropriate for us to provide advice and representation on a fee-paying basis or under our Legal Aid Agency funding.
No appointment is required for drop-in, though you may have to wait and we cannot guarantee that you will be seen on the same day.
Please note, if you plan to attend a drop-in or an appointment to be assessed for Legal Aid eligibility, we require you to bring the following documents with you:
- Photographic ID (this essential and without this you will not be seen).
- NASS letter dated within 6 months (if applicable to you as an asylum seeker).
- Utility bill dated in the last 3 months of your appointment or official proof of address.
- Last 3 months bank statements (for you and your partner) from the date of your appointment.
- If you (or your partner) are working, your last 3 months pay slips.
- If you (or your partner) are self-employed, last year’s accounts report prepared by your accountant and any HMRC Self Assessment submissions letters.
- If you (or your partner) are in receipt of Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit please go to Jobcentreplus and ask them to write a letter confirming what benefits you are in receiving and how much it is.
- Recent working tax and child benefit letter (for you or your partner).
- Recent housing benefit letter (for you or your partner).
- All documentation regarding your asylum and immigration case.
- If you do not speak English please bring with you an English-speaking friend to assist during drop-in. If we agree to take you on as a client, we will arrange for an interpreter for future meetings.
Without the above, it would be difficult for us to assess your entitlement to Legal Aid.